Buenos Aires, January 20, 2016
The WBF President reported on his proposal to organize a Promotional Week in Zones 3, 4, 5 and 8. The WBF will provide the format of the event, the needed documentation and the speakers, covering some expenses and the fees, while the Zones will provide the accommodation and hospitality.
The first one is planned for the Confederation Sudamericana de Bridge (CSB, Zone 3: Southamerican Bridge Confederation) and will be held in Medellin, Colombia, in May 2016 during the Southamerican Bridge Championships.
The WBF President and the WBF Treasurer, Marc de Pauw, will define all the details with the CSB President Marcelo Caracci. The cost at charge of the WBF will be covered by the newly instituted “Development Fund”.
The WBF will provide free of charge to each of the nine NBO members a double and a single room, plus full board from dinner on Tuesday, May 24 to lunch on Friday, 27 May.
During this Seminar it will be examined:
· The WBF and its organisation
· The relationship with IOC, SportAccord, ARISF, IMSA, FISU
· Bridge: a true sport
· The WBF Zonal Conferences structure, organisation and management
· The National Bridge Federations structure, organisation and management
· The General Principles for the National Bridge Federations
· Ethic & Discipline
· The new technology supporting bridge
· The development of bridge
· Bridge Online
· The Youth bridge programme (University & School)
· The WBF teaching bridge programme
· The organisation and management of the bridge competitions
· Teachers and Tournament Directors: function and role
· Communication, P.R. & relations with the Media
· The WBF championship policy
· The WBF future events
For this reason it is important that the Seminar is attended by:
· The NBO President or his Delegate
· The NBO General Secretary or the Officer responsible for the development
· The NBO Officer responsible for the Youth activities