Groucho Marx; some of his quotes adapted to Bridge
1) «I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening playing bridge. But this wasn’t it.»
2) «I never forget the face of my partner, but in your case I’ll be glad to make an exception.»
3) Behind every successful bridge player is a woman, behind her is his wife.
4) My partner may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don’t let that fool you. He really is an idiot
5) I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members
6) I assure I won the trick. Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
7)No one is completely unhappy at the failure of his partner.
8) My partner is a man with an open mind — you can feel the breeze from the other side of the table!
9) Partner: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.