In January 2016, we will start the 5th World Online University Team Championships on Internet (Bridge Base Online). These championships are organized by FISU (International University Sports Federation) and the WBF (World Bridge Federation).
Hereunder you can find all modalities of the Championships:
- It is a knock out competition1) on internet between countries where the schedule is determined by draw. We will first start with a group phase. The best 32 teams will start the knock out phase ending with semi finals and finals.
- A country can enter an unlimited number of teams. Your team must be composed by 4 to 6 university players and a captain must be indicated. For each athlete, you must enter: name, surname, birthday, nationality, university or high school, country. This must be entered to to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a copy to email@example.com)
- Both captains have maximum 1 month to schedule and play a match of 32 boards. The result must be sent directly after the match to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a copy to email@example.com) All results will be published on www.unibridge.eu and on the Facebook account «Uni Bridge«. Final results will be published on FISU and WBF website.
You can participate under the following conditions:
- being at a university or high school (or 1 year after or before studies);
- being between 17 and 28 years old;
- having the nationality from the country you represent;
- all players must be from universities within the same country, but they may all come from different universities within that country.
You can enter from now till 1st of December 2015 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (with copy to email@example.com). After receiving all entries and after the draw, we will inform each captain by the next match. We will start in January 2016 and will continue for some months depending on the number of participants. We trust on your fair play and friendship, important values for FISU and WBF. Any violation against fair play will not be accepted and have severe consequences by FISU and WBF. The organizing committee has the right to disqualify any team in the case of reasonable suspicion of foul play. The team will be eliminated from the competition without the right to appeal against the decision. At captains request, Kuba can be the Tournament Director during each the match.
We kindly invite you all to participate in the championships, and make it a good success like in 2014 when 65 university teams participated in this online championships. Please publicise this event as widely as possible among your Universities, and encourage players to participate.